Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ultrasound Pictures

So ever since our m/c in April I have always wondered what that pictures looked like from out last u/s. I can remember seeing our little girl but of course, they don't give you pictures of your dead baby. This was my biggest regret.

So today, I thought I would check and see if they put u/s pictures into medical records. I HATE dealing with my old OB office and of course, they didn't answer the phone when I called. Shocker right? Nope.

So I was going to call the hospital to see if I could get my records from my D&E and was reading through all the different numbers and come across the Ultrasound number. I thought what the heck, lets call and see what happens. So I called and asked if they put pictures into the records. The lady asked how long ago I had had them done and I said about 7 weeks and she said that they keep them all on the computer and I can make a request for those images and they can be put on a CD. GREAT, I told here, where do I call for that.

She transferred me down to the radiology department and I told the lady what I was needing and she said that she could have the CD ready for me today by 7pm! How's that for service! She is going to put the pictures from all three u/s on the CD for me.

Now, part of me really wants these pictures for myself but I really hope they can help my new OBGYN as far as the sac of fluid and hemorrhage go.

I really hope that I'm not getting my hopes up about these pictures because my luck they wont really have them or there will only be a few and they wont show my anything. At least if there is nothing on them, that will be one more "what if" I can cross off my list.

I know it's going to be VERY emotional to look at them but I have to. I need to. I will be back later tonight to update hopefully with some great news from the U/S pictures and maybe share a few of our little ones.

Oh, one last thought, one thing that has always made me so sad is that I never had a picture of Baby A, just baby B. Hopefully there will be a pic from the 8 week u/s that will show Baby A. *Fingers Crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment