Why hello to everyone in blog land. My name is Kate and I am excited and anxiously awaiting the arrival of a little bundle of joy in November of this year.
My husband Mark and I started trying for a baby in December and I believe we are finally pregnant with our sticky baby.
Here's a short run down and back history of this pregnancy.
On March 13, 2008, a Friday, I was 10 days past ovulation (pretty much the first day you can test with a home pregnancy test) I decided to go ahead and test since my Mom was coming into town the next day. I had just put on a pot of coffee, turned around and glanced at the test and I saw the line! There it was in all of it's glory! We were pregnant.
When Mark came down stairs, I showed him the test and of course, he was so excited. I called the Dr. right away to try and get in and get my betas run. I went in that morning and when the nurse called she said that it was positive and that my number was 15 which was low, but normal for how early I was.
My Mom came into town the next day and I was so excited to tell her! I knew she would be over the moon. Needless to say once I told her, she was! I told her not to get to excited yet and that I was going back for more blood work on Tuesday and that would help me know what was going on.
Tuesday came and I went in bright and early and the nurse called around 11:30 and said that my number was 257Now for those of you reading this that aren't familiar with the HCG hormone, it doubles every 48 hours of pregnancy.
Mom and I went nuts at Babies R' Us, Baby Gap, Target, USA Baby, and tons more stores!
I was suppose to go back in on the following Wednesday for more blood work, but being the impatient person that I am, I went on Friday also. My number on Friday was 1148. Needless to say we are on the right track. The nurse said that since my number was so high I could come in on Monday and my level should be over 4,000 which means I could have an ultrasound.
So, on Monday, (yesterday) I went in and had my blood done and they finally called around 4pm and said that my level was 4540! Fantastic! Now, I have an ultrasound scheduled for Wednesday at 10AM and we will get to see our tiny turkey! I can not wait!
Well there ya go! That's the short version of what has happened with me and Mark.
Here's a recap of my HCG levels:
Beta #1: CD 23, 10DPO: 15
Beta #2: CD 27, 14DPO: 257
Beta #3: CD 30, 17DPO: 1148
Beta #4: CD 33, 20DPO: 4540
Have a great one!
Kate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment